Ingredients Needed for Blackened Shrimp Pasta
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper
1/2 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
5 cloves of garlic
1 shallot finely diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 lb pasta
2-3 green onions, sliced
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of shaved parmesan cheese
Creole seasoning to taste
1/2 cup of pasta water
1/4 cup of chicken broth
Handful fresh parsley
Directions to Make Blackened Shrimp Pasta
1. In a small bowl, combine spice for the blackening seasoning. Whisk until well combined.
2. Clean and rinse the shrimp and then pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the blackening seasoning over the shrimp and coat well.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until tender (7-10 minutes). Reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander.
4. Heat the butter and olive oil until the butter starts to foam. Add shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Then remove for skillet and set aside.
5. In the skillet, add garlic and shallots and saute for about two minutes. Deglaze the skillet with chicken broth and add green onions. Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Whisk well until combined.
6. Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Creole seasoning to the sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes. For a cheesier sauce, add shaved parmesan to the sauce
7. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the skillet and toss with the sauce (add some of the remaining reserved pasta water, if needed, to loosen the pasta). Return the shrimp to the skillet and stir to combine.
8. Top with finely chopped parsley.