When you only have a half hour to get dinner on the table, pan seared salmon is a great dish to make! It's not only healthy, but cooks quickly especially when you use a cast iron skillet. A cast iron skillet will get the skin of the fish so crispy and keeps the fish moist at the same time. The glaze that accompanies this dish gives the salmon a sweet and tangy taste. The combination of honey and Dijon mustard are the stars of the glaze and is brushed on towards the end of the cooking process.
4 pieces of fresh salmon
Salt and pepper to taste
Honey Dijon Glaze
1/3 cup of dijon mustard
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of orange juice
4 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
Whisk together until honey is dissolved. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Sear salmon in cast iron skillet in hot olive oil with the skin side down. Cook until the skin of the fish is crispy.
4. Brush honey dijon glaze on salmon and place in preheated oven and cook until the salmon is cooked through.
5. Finish with freshly squeezed lemon and serve with roasted baby potatoes and veggies!