Pork Carnitas Tacos with Drunken Mango Salsa
Ingredients Needed for Pork Carnitas Tacos
3 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into four pieces
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/2 cup of pineapple juice
1/2 cup of mango juice
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Flour or corn tortillas
Crumbled cotija cheese
Directions to Make Pork Carnitas Tacos
1. In a small bowl, combine the spice rub ingredients. Pat the pork dry with paper towels, then sprinkle with half of the spice rub. Turn and rub the spice into the pork until the pieces are evenly coated.
2. Select the “Sauté” program on your pressure cooker and add the oil to the pot. Once the oil is hot, use a pair of tongs to lower the pork into the pot so the side with the most fat is facing down. Sear for 5 minutes. Sear all sides for 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining spice rub on top of meat and pour pineapple and mango juice on top.
4. Place the lid on your pressure cooker/Instapot. Set the setting Pressure Cook and high and set the time to 60 mins.
5. After the cooking time ends, let the pot sit and naturally release pressure for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the pork on to a large plate or pan and shred the pork using two forks. 7. Add a few tablespoons of the juice to the pork to keep moist.
8. Assembly tacos and enjoy!
Drunken Mango Salsa
2 ripe mangoes, diced
Handful of cilantro , finely diced
Half of a jalapeño, finely diced
2 tablespoons of red bell pepper, finely diced
2 tablespoons of red onion, finely diced
Juice or half of a lime
2-3 tablespoons of Mango Malibu Rum
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.