Summer is coming to an end which means that fresh peaches will be out of season soon. So run.....don’t walk to your local grocery store to get some fresh peaches to make these Mini Bourbon Peach Pies. Of course, I used Spilling the Sweet Tea’s Homemade Peach Preserves in this recipe to give my filling the consistency I was looking for and to add an additional amount of sweetness to my peach pies. My husband LOVED these pies and he has consistently claimed for years that he does not like cooked fruit. Based on his review, I will make these again soon! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! The recipe is quick and easy because it is semi homemade but they are oh so delicious! If you make it, make sure to tag me on social media @spilling_the_sweet_tea on Instagram.
Ingredients to Make Mini Bourbon Peach Pies
4 peaches semi-ripe, peeled, sliced, & chopped into ½ inch cubes
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons of Spilling the Sweet Tea Peach Preserves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 package of refrigerated pie crust
For the Egg Wash
2 tablespoons water
For the Bourbon Glaze
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons of milk
1 teaspoon of Bourbon
Directions to Make Mini Bourbon Peach Pies
1. Combine the peaches and sugar in a bowl and let sit for an hour.
2. Drain the juices from the peaches and sugar. Add the cinnamon, cornstarch, peach preserves, and lemon juice and stir to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat egg and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Using a circle cutter or a martini glass , that is about 5 inches in diameter, cut the dough into circle.
5. Gently transfer the circles to your prepared baking sheets.
6. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each dough circle, making sure not to get too much of the juices. Brush one half of the outer edge of each circle with the egg wash, and fold each circle in half making a semi-circle. Press edges together and crimp with the tines of a fork.
7. Brush egg wash over the top of each pie. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and drizzle bourbon glaze on top while the pies are still warm.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!