Happy Heavenly Birthday to my Mom
Happy Heavenly Birthday to my amazing mom Shirley Mills. If you have been following me on social media, then you know that this entire week I shared my mother’s favorite foods in honor of her birthday which is today September 3rd! My mother is the person who taught me how to cook and is the reason why I have a passion and joy for cooking. I started my food blog Spilling the Sweet Tea back in 2017 to not only share my love for Southern food but to also share quick and easy recipes with busy working parents. I had a wonderful mom who not only taught me how to cook but raised me to be an independent and confident woman who puts God first in everything that I do. I am forever grateful to her for the life lessons, the words of encouragement, the discipline, the prayers, and our time in the kitchen. It is because everything that she poured into me that I am the woman that I am today.
If you missed my posts this week, I am sharing the videos and the recipes for her favorite foods in this blog post. I hope you enjoy them! Thank you for all of your love and support of me, my content, and my small business.
Day 1 - Hostess Snoballs (Copycat Recipe)
Ingredients for Hostess Snoballs
1 box of Devils Food Cake mix
3 large eggs
1 cup of water
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
6 Tablespoons of butter, softened
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
¾ cup of marshmallow fluff
2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon of light corn syrup
Marshmallow fluff for topping
1 bag of Flaked coconut
Red food coloring
Directions to Make Hostess Snoballs
1. Make cake according to the box instructions.
2. Spray hot cocoa bomb mold with cooking spray.
3. Add batter to mold and bake on 350 for 18 mins.
4. Allow the cake the cool. Using a sharp knife, cut excess cake to allow the cakes to lay flat.
5. In a medium bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, marshmallow fluff, heavy whipping cream and corn syrup. Mix on high until completely smooth.
6. Using a food processor, add flaked coconut and blend until the coconut is fine. Add a few drops of red food coloring to turn the coconut pink.
7. Using a piping bag or cake decorator tool, pipe the filling into the bottom of the snoballs.
8. Top with more marshmallow fluff. Sprinkle pink coconut flakes on top and refrigerate for an hour to set.
Day 2- Watergate Salad Recipe
Ingredients to Make Watergate Salad
1 3.4 oz package of instant pistachio pudding mix
1 8oz can of crushed pineapple, with juice
1 cup of miniature marshmallows
½ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
4 ounce of frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions to Make Watergate Salad
Combine crushed pineapple with juice, instant pudding mix, mini marshmallows, and walnuts in a large bowl. Mix until well combined, then fold in whipped topping.