Hear me when I say…that everything does NOT need to be made from scratch for Thanksgiving. I am a food blogger who loves to cook and bake but I do take shortcuts and THAT IS OK! I love to have cake and pies on my dessert table for Thanksgiving and this Chocolate Turtle Bundt cake was a hit a few years back! Since today is National Bundt Cake Day, I thought I would share the recipe for this semi-homemade bundt cake. It is so easy to make because the base of the cake is from a box but once you add sour cream and a few more eggs that the box instructions suggests…the cake taste close to homemade.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 small box of Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup chocolate chips, optional
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Toppings Caramel sauce
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions to Make Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined.
3. Spoon batter into a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
4 . Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and top with chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
Directions to Make Chocolate Ganache
1.Place the finely chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
2. Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat until the cream starts to simmer. Once the cream is simmering (not boiling), turn off the heat and immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate.
3. Allow the cream to sit for a minute or two and then stir until smooth.