It's the last day of my 12 Days of Christmas recipes with Spilling the Sweet Tea series. I have enjoyed sharing with you all my favorite holiday recipes. If you can't decide which recipe you want to try from this series, you must make this one! Oh and my German Chocolate Pie! As well as the sweet potato ham biscuits and butter pecan cookies! Honestly, all the recipes are amazing and are perfect for your holiday parties or holiday dinner.
This Cranberry Cornbread recipe is absolutely amazing! I made them in these mini loaf pans that I got from Amazon. You can also make them in regular muffin pans or in a cast iron skillet. They are delicious no matter the shape!
Below is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family did. For more holiday recipe ideas, grab a copy of my holiday ebook, Home for the Holidays- Classic Recipes for your Holiday Celebrations.
Ingredients Needed for Cranberry Cornbread
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of butter, melted
1/2 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of honey
1 cup of fresh cranberries
Directions to Make Cranberry Cornbread
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a mini loaf pan or muffin tins with non stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined.
4. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar, eggs and honey. Pour egg and milk mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
5. Add cranberries and mix well.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into the mini loaf pan or muffin pan.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Melt half a stick of butter and one tablespoon of Miss Lena’s peach preserves and brush on top of cornbread. Drizzle with a bit of honey.
For More Holiday Recipes, grab a copy of my Holiday Ebook for only $5.99