Veggie Cauliflower Pizza
Pizza is pretty close to the top of the list of my favorite foods! But since the start of 2018, I have been trying to eat a lot more healthy on a regular basis. Today I had a craving for pizza and I decided to try and make a cauliflower veggie pizza! I normally always order a veggie pizza just because meat toppings for me aren’t my favorite. So, the toppings aren’t my problem when it comes to pizza but that white flour based crust is the issue. I started to buy a pre made cauliflower pizza crust from Wegmans but when I looked at the calorie count and ingredients...I decided to make my own. The pre-made pizza I was going but had flour in it and was 250 calories per serving. This cauliflower veggie pizza was actually really easy to make and it didn’t require any flour. Give the recipe and try and let me know if you are as amazed by the taste as I was!
For the crust
1 head cauliflower, chopped 2 large eggs 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 tablespoon of Italian seasoning Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the pizza
1/2 cup of pizza sauce
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
3 slices of green pepper
6-8 fresh sliced mushrooms
4-5 slices of red onion
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add chopped cauliflower heads to your Nutribullet or to a food processor and pulse until finely ground, yielding about 2-3 cups. *if you are using a Nutribullet, you need to grind the cauliflower a little bit at a time.
3. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with paper towel and place into microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
4. Using a clean dish towel, drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible. This step is really important to getting a crispy crust. Make sure to get as much water out as possible.
5. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Spread cauliflower mixture into rectangle or a circle depending on the type of baking sheet you have. I have a baking sheet without edges so I was able to mold my crust in a circle. Make sure you are molding the crust on the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick olive oil spray and bake 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Top with pizza sauce, cheese and veggies. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Turn on broiler and broil the pizza for about two minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly!