Bacon and Chive Cheeseball Bites
Are you following my 12 Days of Christmas Recipes on my social media pages? I am sharing some of my favorite holiday recipes and today is Day 6. If you have followed me for a while, you know that I love to make cheeseballs. I have done a football shaped cheeseball, a reindeer shaped cheeseball and a pineapple shaped cheeseball that was a hit for my daughter's birthday party. Since I am not having a holiday party this year, I am going to make these bacon and chives cheeseball bites. They are so easy to make and so delicious especially if you love cheese as much as I do! If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer to serve this holiday season, look no further.
Ingredients Needed to make Bacon and Chive Cheeseball Bites
12 oz of whipped cream cheese
1 cup of shredded Four Cheese Mexican Blend
1 tablespoon of fresh chives, chopped
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste (the bacon is salty so don't add too much)
8 slices of cooked bacon, finely chopped
1/2 cup of fresh chives, finely chopped
Directions to make Bacon and Chive Cheeseball Bites
1. Mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, chives, garlic, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix until well blended and smooth. Put the mixture into the fridge for 15-20 mins to firm up a bit. Remove and then form into about about 17-18 small balls and refrigerate for another 45 mins.
2. While the cheeseballs are in the fridge, fry your bacon until they are well done. (It makes is easier to chop them up finely)
3. In a bowl, combine finely chopped bacon and1/2 cup of finely chopped chives.
4. Roll the cheeseballs into the bacon and chives mixture and set on a serving tray. If you are not serving right away, please the balls back into the fridge.
5. Once you are ready to serve, insert a pretzel stick into each cheese ball.