Rudolph the Red Nose Cheeseball
Having a big holiday party this year? This cheesball would be perfect because it serves a lot of people and can be prepared the day before your event. I have tripled the recipe to acheive the size you see in the photo. I made the cheeseball the night before in order for it firm up in the fridge so I could mold it into a reindeer’s face.
This Rudolph Cheese Ball was a hit at my holiday party. You can also make a classic cheeseball which is formed in a round ball. That way you can make it any time of the year. Serve the cheese ball with crackers, bread, or cut up vegetables. Here’s the recipe! I hope your family and friends enjoy this dish over the holiday season. If you make it, spill the tea and let me know how it comes out!
Serves 30 once the recipe is tripled
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature 1 1/2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce 2 green onions, sliced
1/2 of a jalapeño finely chopped (optional) A few dashes of hot sauce Finely chopped pecans (you will need a large bag of chopped pecan if tripled)
A few sliced almonds
4 large pretzel rods
2 large black olives
1 cherry tomato
**Make sure you cream cheese completely soften before making this recipe***
1. Beat soften cream cheese until smooth. 2. Add the cheddar cheese and mix until just combined.
3. Add the garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, green onions, jalapeños and hot sauce. Mix until well combined.
4. Place cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour or overnight for best results. 5. Once chilled, place the cheeseball on your serving tray.
6. Using the Saran Wrap, press the cheesball down to flatten a bit and mold into reindeer face. Use picture for guidance.
7. Once molded, cover with finely chopped pecans for the face and sides and silvered almonds for the ears.
8. Place two large pretzel rods for antlers, olives for the eyes and a cherry tomato for the nose.
9. Serve with crackers, toasted bread of veggies!