The Washington Redskins are my favorite football team so my potato skins recipe are one of my go-to snacks when I watch them play! These potato skins are crispy, flavorful and so cheesy! I have a few tips that I will share with you on how to make them that way! First of all, you do need to have some patience with making these potato skins because they do take some time, but they are so worth the wait! I use small Russet potatoes when making my potato skins. A smaller potato bakes faster and also crisps up better than a larger one. No matter who your favorite football team is...my potato skin recipe will be a hit for your next football watch party! Serves 6 9 small russet potatoes 1 pack of bacon 2 bags of shredded cheddar cheese- mild and sharp Melted butter Salt and pepper Chopped scallions Sour cream for garnishing 1. Preheat oven on 375 degrees.
2. Rinse and scrub potatoes to remove dirt.
3. Wrap clean potatoes in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake potatoes in oven until the potatoes are cooked through. Make sure you don't overcook the potatoes.
5. Once cooked, remove the foil from the potatoes and let sit to cool before cutting the potatoes in half.
6. While the potatoes are cooling, cook bacon until really crispy and chop bacon into small pieces.
7. Cut cooled potatoes in half and scoop out most of the inside of the potato. Return halved potatoes to the baking sheet with the skin of the potato facing up.
8. Brush melted butter on to potato skin and sprinkle with lightly with salt.
9. Return potatoes to a 400 degree oven and bake until edges of potatoes are browned.
10. Remove from the oven and flip potatoes. Season the inside of the potatoes with salt and pepper.
11. Add shredded cheese to the inside of the potato and top with chopped bacon.
12. Return the potato skins back to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
13. Garnish with chopped scallions and a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!