Dr. Pepper Glazed Meatballs
Just what the doctor ordered! These Dr. Pepper Glazed Meatballs are so delicious and perfect for your next game day watch party. The meatballs are baked instead of fried which makes them a bit healthier. I used my normal meatball recipe but intentionally left out the Parmesan cheese since the meatballs aren't going into a marinara sauce. The sauce is simply amazing because the sweetness of the Dr. Pepper and smokiness of the Worcestershire sauce which makes a great combination! Add these meatballs to your next game day menu and you won't be disappointed!
Serves 4 FOR THE MEATBALLS 1 lb. ground turkey 1/2 c. breadcrumbs 1 Egg, lightly beaten 1 tsp. garlic powder 1/2 tsp. paprika
Salt and black pepper to taste FOR THE SAUCE 2 cups of ketchup 2 cans of Dr. Pepper soda 2 tablespoons of tomato paste 1 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Balck Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and mix until combined. Form into small sized meatballs.
3. On a greased cookie sheet, add meatballs and cook until the bottom of the meatballs are browned.
4. In another large saucepan, whisk together ketchup, Dr. Pepper, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook sauce until thickened and is reduced by half. Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and let simmer, basting the meatballs sporadically with spoon for about 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley or chopped green onions.