I love Mexican food and this recipe is one of my favorites! This recipe is a great dish to make for Mexican food Monday! These chicken fajita quesadillas are so quick and easy to make on those busy Monday evenings. This recipe can be made in just thirty minutes. I used my cast iron skillet to make these quesadillas because it browns the tortilla beautifully. The green and red peppers add so much flavor to these quesadillas. Add some sliced avocado and sour cream and you have an amazing dinner.
2lbs of chicken tenders
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 large onion
1 packet of taco seasoning
Whole wheat tortillas
2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
2. Dice chicken tenders into cubes and sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
3. Add the chicken to the skillet and saute over medium-high heat until done. Remove from the skillet and dice into cubes. Set aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet over high heat. Season onions and peppers with salt and pepper. Throw in the onions and peppers and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
5. Sizzle 1/2 tablespoon of the butter in cast iron skillet over medium heat and lay a flour tortilla in the skillet.
6. On half of the tortilla, build the quesadillas by laying grated cheese on the bottom tortilla, and then arranging the chicken and cooked peppers. Top with a little more grated cheese.
7. When the tortilla is golden on the bottom fold the tortilla and flip to brown on the other side and to allow the cheese to melt.
Add some sliced avocados and sour cream for serving.