Philly Style Cheesy Chicken
Updated: Oct 11, 2020
Hands on down, this is my husband's favorite dish that I make. If you like Philly chicken cheesesteaks, then you would love this dish. It has the same components of a chicken cheesesteak without the hoagie roll. I normally make it with mashed potatoes and a veggie and my family loves every bite! I can't take credit for this recipe because my big brother Craig taught me how to make it many years ago. It is so easy to make and takes about 45 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breast are. Give this recipe a try and let me know if your family loves it as much as mine does!
Ingredients Need to Make Philly Style Cheesy Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning to taste
Carton of Sliced mushrooms
1 whole onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
Sliced Provolone cheese
Directions to Make Philly Style Cheesy Chicken
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. Season chicken to taste with salt, pepper, Tony's and garlic powder.
3. Place seasoned chicken in a Pyrex dish and cover with aluminum foil and bake chicken breast until cooked through.
4. In a skillet on medium heat sauté onions, mushrooms, and green pepper until tender.
5. Spoon sautéed veggies over chicken and place a piece of provolone cheese over chicken and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Turn on the broiler to get the cheese to brown a bit on the top.
Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie and enjoy!