Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo is back to back this year! I am celebrating with these Strawberry and Nutella Cheesecake Tacos. If you have followed my blog for a while, then you know how much I love MEXICAN food and mini desserts! This recipe is a great play on tacos in a dessert form. The recipe is so easy to make and also fun to do with your kids. I made these with my mini me this past weekend and she really enjoyed helping me make the taco shells. These are also great to make for a Cinco de Mayo party or a backyard BBQ. If you try them, make sure to tag me on Instagram!
Ingredients Needed to Make Strawberry and Nutella Cheesecake Tacos
5 8 inch Tortillas about 20 rounds
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter melted
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup of Nutella
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 8oz tubs of frozen whipped topping, thawed
14oz tub of Strawberry Glaze
Directions Needed to Make Strawberry and Nutella Cheesecake Tacos
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter or a martini glass to get about 20 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in graham cracker crumbs.
2. Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
4. Wash and dry a package of fresh strawberries. Cut the strawberries into quarters and add to a bowl. Pour strawberry glaze over strawberries and toss until well combined.
5. Evenly pipe filling into the baked taco shell. I used the Dessert Syringe Decorating Set. Top with glazed strawberries and then with the additional whipped topping. Enjoy!
Recommended Products for this Recipe