Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding
There are so many ways to incorporate jam into various dishes which is why I wrote my cookbook All About the Jam. I think jam is such underrated condiment. I have used jam in cocktails, sauces, desserts and in even in salad dressings. I used my Raspberry jam in this recipe and it came out so amazing! I decided to make a bread pudding after picking up a bag of Croissant Buns and Mini Croissants from Aldi. I love a good croissant and I normally have raspberry jam with my croissants with coffee in the morning so I knew this would make a delicious dessert. I highly suggest using a shallow dish to make this dessert. This bread pudding was amazing served warm with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. If you give it a try, make sure to tag @spilling_the_sweet_tea on Instagram.
Ingredients Needed to Make Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding
1 packet of Croissant Buns from Aldi
1 box of mini croissants from Aldi (I used about 7)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Spilling the Sweet Tea Raspberry Preserves
Extra raspberries for topping
Sugar in the Raw for topping
Directions to Make Raspberry Croissant Bread Pudding
1. Butter a shallow Pyrex dish or pie plate. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the croissant buns and mini croissants into 1 - 2 inch cubes. Place them in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour the custard base over the croissant pieces. Gently toss to coat, and allow the croissant pieces to absorb some of the custard.
5. In the buttered baking dish, place half of the bread and custard mixture on the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Spread 1/2 of the raspberry jam over the soaked croissant layer.
6. Top it with the rest of the soaked croissants, and pour the leftover custard on top.
7. Next, dollop the remaining raspberry jam on top. Add some fresh berries on top.
8. Cover the surface of the baking dish with foil, and bake the bread pudding in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. (If using a pie plate, bake for 20 minutes)
9. Remove the foil and sprinkle some raw sugar on top. Bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes until the top caramelizes.
10. When the bread pudding has caramelized on top, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes to allow the custard to settle.
11. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream and more fresh raspberries before serving.
Recommended Product for this Recipe