Love those cheddar bay biscuits at Red Lobster? You can easily make them at home yourself by following this recipe! I made these beauties on a Christmas Day and they really complimented my dinner! They taste just as cheesy, buttery and yummy as the biscuits you get the restaurant. As a southern girl, biscuits are in my DNA! My mom would make buttermilk biscuits, cheese biscuits and even sweet potato biscuits on Saturday mornings! She was always experimenting with her biscuits but nothing beats her classic buttermilk biscuits with some molasses for sopping! Since these are more of a savory biscuit, they would be perfect to compliment a seafood dinner or pasta dinner! If you don’t feel like the long wait at Red Lobster, give this recipe a try! Make sure you spill the tea on my blog or on my social media pages on how they came out! Here’s how to make them!
2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon baking powder 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1 cup buttermilk or whole milk 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
FOR THE TOPPING 3 tablespoons butter, melted 1 tablespoon parsley flakes 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
3. Add melted butter and whole milk to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula just until moist. Fold in cheese gently.
4. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Once the biscuits are fresh out the oven, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!