Fall is here and a bowl of chili on a cool fall evening is just what the doctor ordered. This chili recipe is so simple and easy to make and can be on the table in about 45 minutes. The recipe includes black beans, kidney beans and refried beans which makes it so hearty and filling. I typically top it with cheese and a little sour cream and serve with my jalapeño cheese cornbread muffins. Give this chili recipe a try and let me know if your family loves it as much as mine does.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped 2 cups chicken broth
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and stir in the ground turkey.
2. Cook and stir until the turkey is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink.
Drain and discard any excess grease.
3. Stir in the onion and garlic ; cook and stir until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, refried beans, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle each bowl with a teaspoon of Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.