If you like chocolate pudding and cool whip, then my mom's chocolate supreme recipe will be a hit at your next event. It's a dessert that serves about 12 people but trust me when I say...it will go fast! I normally make it in the summer because it's a great sweet treat to help beat the heat. It's better when you make it ahead of time. You make this dessert the night before your next gathering and it will be better than making it the day of! If you have a BBQ coming up and need a sweet treat, try my mom's Chocolate Supreme and let me know what you think!
For the Crust: 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature 1 cup of all purpose flour 1/4 cup of finely minced pecans
First Layer: 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature 1 cup of powdered sugar 1 cup of Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
2 (3.9 ounce) packages of instant chocolate pudding 3 cups of whole milk Topping: 1-2 cups of Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream) Additional chopped pecans, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, pecans and butter until mixture resembles cookie dough.
3. Spread into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass Pyrex baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until light brown for about 20 mins Cool completely, about an hour. The crust will appear underdone but will firm as it cools.
4. Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix together. Spread this layer over the cooled crust.
5. Mix together the two boxes of pudding with the 3 cups of milk until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Carefully spread over the cream cheese layer.
6. Spread remaining whipped topping on top. Cover and refrigerate - best if refrigerated 24 hours. Before serving, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Cut into squares and watch your guest ohhhh and ahhhhh over this sweet treat!