Apple Pie Nachos
Updated: Oct 25, 2021
If you follow me on Instagram and Tik Tok, then you know I went apple picking recently with my family. So, I have been doing an apple series and sharing recipes where apples are the star of the recipe. This is the last recipe of the series and these apple pie nachos did not disappoint. They are simple and easy to make and the best part of this dish is the bourbon infused whipped cream.
Ingredients Needed to Make Apple Pie Nachos
6 flour tortillas, 8 inch size 5 tbsp butter, divided 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar 3 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 tablespoon of water
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of bourbon, add more if you would like
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Directions to Make Apple Pie Nachos
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. Cut the tortillas into even triangles and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp melted butter and 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar, tossing until coated.
3. Place pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake 3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through. Repeat if pieces don’t fit onto baking sheet in one layer.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place apples in skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Pour into the skillet, and mix well. Cook for another minute, or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
5. Pour apple mixture on top of the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.Top with caramel sauce and homemade bourbon whipped cream.
Directions to Make Bourbon Whipped Cream
1. Add heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer with whisk attachment. Use the whisk attachment, and beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and is incorporated into the heavy cream.
2. Next, increase the speed to medium for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the whipped cream begins to form soft peaks. Turn off the mixer.
3. Pour in the bourbon and vanilla, and continue to mix another 1-3 minutes until stiff peaks form.