Updated: Oct 13, 2020
Why get takeout when you can make your own Chinese food! My recipe for Homemade Eggs Rolls will make you lose your takeout out menus! I know that the ingredients for Chinese food aren't something you buy all the time at the grocery store but once you have your core ingredients you can whip lots of different Chinese recipes very quickly and easily! The pork filling for these eggs take minutes to make and I typically make the filing an hour before I plan to fry my eggs rolls so the filling has time to cool. It hard to handle the egg roll wrapper when the filling is hot. In order to save time, buy the coleslaw mix from the produce section because the carrots and cabbage is already grated for you. I also use two egg roll wrappers per roll because I like my egg roll to be a little thicker and the egg roll doesn't fall apart as easy when frying. Let me know if you try this recipe and fall in love with it so much that you lose your takeout spots phone number!
Ingredients for the egg rolls
24 egg roll wraps 1⁄2-1 lb ground pork 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 teaspoon salt 1 /2 teaspoon sugar 1⁄4 cup soy sauce 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1 bag shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix 4 green onions, sliced 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Instructions for frying egg rolls
1. Brown pork in olive oil with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
2. Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
3. Add cabbage mix and green onions and cook until the cabbage is halfway done. Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
4. Lay wrapper in front of you so that it looks like a diamond. Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
5. Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once. Fold in right and left points. Brush beaten egg on top point. Finish rolling.
6. Set aside and repeat with remaining filling. Heat 2-3 inches peanut oil in large frying pan- I recommend a cast iron skillet.
7. Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Or you can spray the tops with olive oil spray and fry them in an air fryer. Make sure to turn them halfway through the cooking time.
8. Serve with duck sauce and Enjoy!
Recommended products for this recipe below