In my humble opinion , thin mints are the best Girl Scout cookie hands down! I am such a fan of chocolate and mint so much so that I look forward to those Andes mints after my meal at Olive Garden! So instead of inhaling several boxes of thin mints, I decided to use them to make this no bake thin mint cheesecake and it turned out AMAZING! The highlight of this dessert was the peppermint vodka infused whipped cream that I made to go on top. I had some peppermint vodka left from the holiday season so I decided to add two capfuls to my homemade whipped cream. If you don’t drink, feel free to leave the vodka out of the recipe. Below are the ingredients and directions to make this amazing cheesecake. If you try it, make sure to tag me on Instagram or Tik Tok! Also, follow me on Pinterest. This is a great dessert to pin and save for the spring season.
Ingredients Needed to Make the No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Two boxes of Thin Mint Cookies
6 tablespoons of melted butter
3 packages (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
¼ cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 bar of semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup of heavy cream
1-2 drops of peppermint extract
Peppermint Vodka Infused Whipped Cream 1 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 1 tablespoon of confectioners' sugar
1-2 capfuls of peppermint vodka
1 . Add cookies and melted butter to a food processor and blend until well combined.
2. Press cookie mixture into the bottom of a springform pan. Line whole thin mint cookies around the sides of the pan. Place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake filling- In a large bowl with a hand mixed or standing mixer, combine the softened cream cheese until smooth for about 2-3 minutes. Add powdered sugar, and mix well for another minute until well combined. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Add the completed cooled melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and whip for 3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the prepared crust.
For the chocolate ganache- In a medium bowl, add finely chopped chocolate to a bowl. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer. Add warmed heavy cream, two drops of peppermint to the chocolate and let it sit on top for about two minutes. Gently stir the warmed cream, peppermint extract and chocolate together until smooth.
5. Pour peppermint chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours (or up to 12 hours) until chilled and set.
For the peppermint vodka infused whipped cream, add heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint vodka to a mixing bowl. Whip on high until stiff peaks form. Don’t over-mix because you will end up with butter.
6. Using a ziploc bag or a cake decorating tool, to add the whipped cream right before serving. Top each dollop with a thin mint cookie.
7. Slice and enjoy!