Need a quick and easy dinner that is also healthy? As a busy mom, I am also looking for quick recipes for those busy school nights. I feel like after I get my daughter home from school I am rushing to get dinner on the table because I know I also have to do bath time and bedtime. So I need quick and easy go to dishes during the week. I literally whipped this up in about 20 minutes. I am also trying to eat a lot healthier so this dish is perfect! If your goal for 2018 was to eat healthier, then this recipe is for you. It is completely carb free and very feeling. Here’s how to make it!
30 shrimp peeled and deveined
One shallot, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoon of olive oil
Half of a red pepper, diced
A pinch of crushed red pepper
15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
4 medium to large zucchini, spiralized
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1. Season shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
2. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet and sauté shallots, garlic and red pepper and crushed red pepper.
3. Once the veggies are tender, add seasoned shrimp and lemon juice and cook the shrimp until pink. Remove and set aside.
4. Add sliced cherry tomatoes spiralize zucchini to the same skillet and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook about 5 minutes until the zucchini and cherry tomatoes are slightly tender. Add the shrimp and sautéed veggies back to skillet for about two minutes just to warm up the shrimp a bit.
6. Top with a little bit of Parmesan cheese and serve.